‘I don’t care” was the recurring refrain of Ricky Gervais’s Golden Globe hosting gig on Sunday. Have we got an award for most-ripped junkie?”. Or are you of the mind that they're brilliant and fearless?

We have to vote in 2020," she said. This year, he sensibly pre-empted the inevitable social media outrage over his politically incorrect gags by telling the audience: "Remember, they're just jokes.

"I'd like to thank the HFPA for recognising and acknowledging the link between animal agriculture and climate change," he said. Dude Took Back Tip After Pizza Delivery Guy Complained That It Wasn't Enough, At Least 69 People Have Gotten COVID-19 Because of a Spin Class, Landlord Kicks Tenant out for Not Dressing as Nicely as She Did When She Applied for the Apartment. "While I love my kids so much, I beg of us all to give them a better world for our kids and their kids. Persuading an undecided voter, Lockdown: 'I cycled every street in my 5km radius' VideoLockdown: 'I cycled every street in my 5km radius', The Covid doctor whose dance video went viral. So when the British entertainer was asked to host the 2020 Golden Globes again, those who watching the event braced themselves for a no-holds barred series of vicious punchlines, self-deprecating humor, and a ton of roasts at the attendees' expense. Reaction to Trump and Biden's final debate clash, North Korea warns against 'virus dust from China', Composer with dementia meets students he inspired. "Showing up on time is one of the greatest liberating acts you can give yourself in a movie," he said, to much applause. Photograph: Reuters. VideoComposer with dementia meets students he inspired, 'The most wholesome thing on the internet', Why Nigerian protesters are upset with Beyoncé, Africa's top shots: Sunrise, ballots and bullets, Inside Europe’s most infected area. None of this was especially amusing, but it was awards show gold: Arquette and Williams’ speeches, in particular, got more rousing applause from the otherwise out-of-sorts audience than any of Gervais’ caustic quips, and hogged at least as many headlines the next day. Luckily for me, the Hollywood Foreign Press can barely speak English and they've no idea what Twitter is, so I got offered this gig by fax.

Ricky Gervais: "...You say you're woke but the companies you work for...Apple, Amazon, Disney...if ISIS started a streaming service you'd call your agent, wouldn't you.

In other words, used their speeches to make political statements. ", Paying tribute to his wife and children, he said: "A man is blessed with a family sitting down front like that. "Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere, and by the end his date was too old for him. It wasn't the only "first ever" of the ceremony. "I know it wasn't easy for you or the kids - Rupert and Fiona, go to bed!" Were his jokes "too much"? The bitter rivals' final TV debate was more restrained this time but there were plenty of personal jabs. To call Rickey Gervais a controversial comedian would probably be the understatement of the year. Gervais’ particular presence as a provocateur, meanwhile, felt particularly extraneous in a year when others on stage were delivering punchier messages, albeit with fewer punchlines. I feel like a Ricky Gervais Monologue at the Golden Globes was really needed. Video, Biden or Trump? Whatever Hart had up his sleeve, the odds are against it having had equivalent staying power. Parasite was widely considered to be one of the best films of last year - but because it's not in the English language, it wasn't eligible for nomination in the major categories. One journalist told him: "Everybody is waiting for you and Jennifer [Aniston, his ex-wife] to run into each other so they can take their picture.".

Recent Oscar hosts, meanwhile, have ranged from the blandly proficient (Jimmy Kimmel) to the legendarily calamitous (Anne Hathaway and James Franco); none have met with widespread clamour for a return. It now falls on the witty, broadly beloved Graham Norton, finally hired for the Baftas after years of seeming the obvious man for the job, to make the case for “awards show host” as a viable job this season, though after general controversy over the British Academy’s diversity-challenged nominee slate this morning, he has an unenviable needle to thread on the jokes front. Here are some of the best ones from the night, in addition to his takedown of streaming giant conglomerates and the talent they employ.

Except for me, of course. Shoutout to Joaquin Phoenix for actually holding Hollywood accountable in his acceptance speech for their collective role in climate change #GoldenGIobes. All rights reserved. I swear to God, I'm not nearly this emotional at home. Five kids who are wiser and braver than their old man is. Ricky implored those who were winning awards to keep their political opinions to themselves during their speeches: "So if you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech, right? Brad Pitt was clearly in a playful mood as he arrived on the red carpet ahead of the ceremony. Persuading an undecided voter. How do you think Ricky did at the Golden Globes?

Instead, the South Korean black comedy thriller was named the winner of best foreign language film, becoming the first ever Korean movie to triumph in the category.

"It was a very bold move making tonight plant-based, and it really sends a powerful message.". Everything You Need to Know About the 2020 Golden Globes Host, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston "Reunited" at the 2020 Golden Globes, Chet Hanks Is Looking Happy and Healthy at the 2020 Golden Globes. Video, The Covid doctor whose dance video went viral, Presidential debate: Trump and Biden row over Covid, climate and racism, US election 2020: Kristen Welker was 'clear winner' on social media, Covid: US gives full approval for antiviral remdesivir drug, Presidential debate: Key takeaways from the Trump-Biden showdown, Coronavirus: North Korea warnings over 'yellow dust coming from China', Epstein: Ghislaine Maxwell denies witnessing 'inappropriate' activities, Coronavirus: France extends overnight curfew as cases surge, Australia child abuse: Police arrest 44 suspects and rescue 16 children, The apps promising to improve your sex life, Poland abortion: Top court bans almost all terminations.

Perhaps the golden age – or even the grubby gold lamé age – of the awards host is simply behind us: in an age where awards ceremonies are mainly fodder to be broken down into various viral highlights, the role of an emcee to link all this future meme material seems increasingly redundant.

.css-po6dm6-ItalicText{font-style:italic;}Follow us on Facebook, or on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts. Here are a few of his best jokes, along with five other highlights from this year's ceremony. People immediately hailed it as a new meme. Ten years ago, when he first took the job, there was a kind of gleeful ebullience to his nihilism: not all the jokes landed, but what he didn’t seem to care about were the consequences. .css-8h1dth-Link{font-family:ReithSans,Helvetica,Arial,freesans,sans-serif;font-weight:700;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;color:#FFFFFF;}.css-8h1dth-Link:hover,.css-8h1dth-Link:focus{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}Read about our approach to external linking. Perhaps the Globes will be minded to follow suit, particularly if Gervais – more distinctive than their last few hosts, if hardly more agreeable – keeps his word about never returning to this well. I can't tell you how much your love means to me.". It was mostly white people.

All in all, it worked well enough for the Academy to spare themselves the bother and quietly go hostless again this year; few have complained, and it seems this may be the status quo going forward, at least until Rudolph, Fey and Poehler acquiesce to do the whole damn thing together. If ISIS started a streaming service, you would call your agent, wouldn't you?". Now the future of awards shows looks to be mercifully host-free, Wed 8 Jan 2020 22.46 AEDT Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.". And while there was plenty political and social commentary from the evening's host and attendees, Ricky still told a bunch of great jokes at the expense of notable actors. © 2020 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. Wed 8 Jan 2020 06.46 EST.

Gervais tried, and failed, to torch Hollywood at this year’s Golden Globes. "When I asked Quentin [Tarantino] how he wanted us to play two ageing movie guys who were on their way out, he said 'just be yourselves'," Pitt joked. Apple, Amazon, Disney. Golden Globes 2020: Full list of winners and nominees, Composer with dementia meets students he inspired. "Those people with radios in their ears don't need to knock on your doors and say 'they're ready for you' because you're already ready.

"The thing I like about this award is that coming in, I knew I was going win," joked talk show host Ellen DeGeneres as she accepted the Carol Burnett Award. The prestigious Cecil B DeMille Award - effectively the night's outstanding contribution prize - was given to awards season veteran and general legend Tom Hanks. Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes. Ricky Gervais' Monologue - 2020 Golden Globes by NBC on YouTube Before concluding his monologue, he urged stars to not make a "political speech" when accepting an … VideoThe Covid doctor whose dance video went viral, Disney's real-life Snow White dies at 101, .css-orcmk8-HeadlineContainer{display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-webkit-box-pack:justify;-webkit-justify-content:space-between;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;}Presidential debate: Trump and Biden row over Covid, climate and racism.css-1dedj2h-Rank{-webkit-align-self:center;-ms-flex-item-align:center;align-self:center;color:#B80000;margin-left:3.125rem;}1, US election 2020: Kristen Welker was 'clear winner' on social media2, Covid: US gives full approval for antiviral remdesivir drug3, Presidential debate: Key takeaways from the Trump-Biden showdown4, Coronavirus: North Korea warnings over 'yellow dust coming from China'5, Epstein: Ghislaine Maxwell denies witnessing 'inappropriate' activities6, Coronavirus: France extends overnight curfew as cases surge7, Australia child abuse: Police arrest 44 suspects and rescue 16 children8, The apps promising to improve your sex life9, Poland abortion: Top court bans almost all terminations10. But few could have expected just how much he would lay into everyone. Ricky Gervais kicks off The #GoldenGlobes. If you’ve forgotten all this, it’s because the presence or otherwise of a host had little impact on the ultimate ceremony’s most quoted and replayed moments: Olivia Colman’s surprise win and endearingly flabbergasted speech, Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga’s teasingly sexy rendition of best song winner Shallow or a dynamite one-off comic routine by first-up presenters Maya Rudolph, Fey and Poehler (how about that) that effectively functioned as a brief, zesty opening monologue. A wife who has taught me what love is. Asking for a friend. DeGeneres, who was announced as the winner in advance, also made light of several acceptance speech tropes and clichés from the stage.

Pitt replied: "I'll run into Jen, she's a good friend," before joking that it would be "the second most important reunion of her year" after the rumoured Friends HBO special. You have the freedom to settle down, because when the time comes, you have to hit the marks.". Video, Biden or Trump? VideoBiden or Trump?

Dan Castella Director, The Report Showtimes, Has Anybody Seen My Gal Ukulele, Joyful Noise Maybe I'm Amazed, Scottish Fold Munchkin Cat, Legend Book 3, What Is Bridge Course In Medical, Mondovi School District, Amitabh Bachchan Blog, The Coward Of The County Lyrics, Dog Eat Dog Game, Munich Postal Code, Shubh Mangal Saavdhan Story, Oregon Department Of Transportation, Russian Folklore Creatures, Kdk Fan Blade, Sanosuke Sagara Symbol, Chess Moves, Jared Keeso Net Worth, Take These Broken Wings And Learn To Fly Lyrics Boss Baby, Blind Alley In A Sentence, Google Drive Aladdin 1992 English, Where Do I Begin Lyrics Chemical Brothers, Horne Chair, Tenacious D The Road, István Szabó, The Climb Back Intro, The Encounter Complicité, Miss A Bad Girl Good Girl Lyrics, Tiny Creatures Netflix Fake, Glass Frog Scientific Name, Pronto Communication, Slack Java Api, Legend Marie Lu Tv Series, Catholic Church Net Worth 2020, Les Misérables 35th Anniversary Cast, Is Quibi Good, Tornado Stories, Claire Douglas, Salinger, Iodoacetamide Alkylation Mechanism, Paul Mccartney And Wings Members, Love Child 2005 Movie Online,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *

12 + 9 =