It does, ofcourse star the great Lee Marvin, the only reason I'm watching this and it does feel a bit awkward seeing Marvin doing comedy but he truly excells in it. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. Report this film. Thursday appeals to Sam’s vanity, calling him “a hero of our country,” which convinces Sam to not return her to Mike. At a political rally in the hotel, railroad tycoon and gubernatorial candidate Jack Colby endorses William Howard Taft for president. Please click the link below to receive your verification email. Lee Marvin and Oliver Reed together. Filming was expected to begin in 1974. Sam Longwood, a frontiersman who has seen better days, spies the gold-mine partner, Jack Colby, who ran off with all the gold from a mine they were prospecting fifteen years earlier. THE GREAT SCOUT AND CATHOUSE THURSDAY (1976) Director: Don Taylor MGM Limited Edition Collection . Mike offers the men $50 or twelve free visits if they can deliver Joe and Thursday. A news item in ... A news item in the 7 Sep 1973 DV stated that James Garner was to star in The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday for producer Jack Sher, in a joint venture of Garner’s Cherokee Productions and Jack Sher Productions, with Meta Rosenberg as executive producer. Jack and his posse stop at the foot of the hill to water their horses and discover that the water has been salted. Where was great scout and cathouse thursday filmed Durango , Mexico - 1 film locations Sam Longwood, a frontiersman who has seen better days, spies the gold-mine partner, Jack Colby, who ran off with all the gold from a mine they were prospecting fifteen years earlier was filmed in Durango Mexico (by Durango Mexico ) The Grindhouse Cinema Database is an online database of cult/exploitation/grindhouse movies from the '30s to the mid/late '80s. Drunken cast is obviously the draw. While hiding from the mob, Sam recognizes a well-dressed man in front of the hotel, and needs to alert his friend, Joe Knox. Good fun. While vacationing in Lebanon, a former secret agent finds he has been marked for assassination. Coming Soon. The next morning, Sam and Billy ride a buckboard out of town. This is an attempt to chronicle every single Western film ever made - be…, I recently acquired copies of both Michael Weldon's Psychotronic Encyclopedia and Psychotronic Video Guide and this list is all films…, A listing of the Kino Lorber Studio Classics DVD/Bluray label, dedicated to classic studio "deep cuts".
All I could think about while watching this middling broad comedy is how cool it would have been to hang out on the set and get shit-faced with Lee Marvin, Oliver Reed, and Strother Martin. Reviews for The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday were generally negative, with 15 Sep LAT declaring it "best left to the easily satisfied.". French Army Colonel Raspeguy leads his paratroopers in battle against the Communist Viet Minh in Indochina and against Algerian guerrilla during the Algerian War.

Movies. Three prospectors confront their ex-partner who, 15 years earlier, ran off with all the gold from their mine and they also plan to kidnap his wife. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account.

Billy, another aging frontiersman, places a large glass jar containing a rattlesnake on the bar.

He offers a dollar to any man who can keep his hand on the jar when the snake strikes. Vishniac challenges Sam to do better, and bets are placed with Billy. Thursday gives herself up while her comrades steal Mike’s car. A salesman with a sudden passion for reform has an idea to sell to his barfly buddies: throw away your pipe dreams. I fucking love it. He offers a dollar to any man who can keep his hand on the jar when the snake strikes.

A front-page story in the 28 Feb 1974 HR included the film among twenty projects on Universal Pictures’ 1974 schedule, listing Igo Kantor as producer. | Rating: 2.5/4 He enters a saloon in Serenity, Colorado. on it went. I found…. A fugitive on the run from the law and carrying several million dollars hides out in the house of a farm family. Coming Soon, Regal Released by American International Pictures (AIP) in 1976, THE GREAT SCOUT AND CATHOUSE THURSDAY is a Western comedy which in typical AIP fashion, tries to repeat the recent success of Mel Brooks’ BLAZING SADDLES, but also capitalizes on Lee Marvin’s more light, comic … The trailer for the awkwardly-titled The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday promises an outrageous, over-the-top western comedy not unlike Blazing Saddles, which was a smart box-office strategy, considering the Mel Brooks classic came out a few years earlier to wild acclaim as the highest-grossing film of 1974. When Mike protests that the girl is her property, Sam buys Thursday’s freedom with some of the stolen money. All Critics (3) GREAT SCOUT is a sitter for a cult revival on DVD. Aj V Super Reviewer.

This movie should be way better. During World War II, Casablanca, Morocco is a waiting point for throngs of desperate refugees fleeing Nazi-occupied Europe. If you can handle 102 minutes of 52-year-old Lee Marvin as Sam "Great Scout" Longwood cavorting with 23-year-old Kay Lenz as Cathouse Thursday, and Oliver Reed in red face playing clap-ridden injun Joe Knox, you'll get laughs. Billy, another aging frontiersman, places a large glass jar containing a rattlesnake on the bar. Pretty mediocre but has appealing actors to make it at least worth a look. Spaghetti, Euro, American, Mexican, Latin, Ostern, Asian, Comedy, Horror, Acid, Animation, Birth of Cinema, Weird, and more... © Letterboxd Limited. You're almost there! Sam Longwood, a frontiersman who has seen better days, has spent the last 15 years looking for his ex-business partner Jack Colby, who ran off with all the gold from a mine they were prospecting, but also took the love of his life, Nancy Sue. Do not have the movie.

Another stupid western I saw on TV one day, I hated it, it's too boring. After being thwarted in this attempt, they, and a would-be whore named Thursday, hatch a plan to kidnap Colby's wife, Nancy Sue, who is coincidently Sam's old flame, but find that Nancy Sue is not the sweet girl that Sam remembers.
When they steal the box-office receipts, Jack hires a posse of fight patrons and gives chase, while Mike and her henchmen follow in her automobile. James Bacon’s column in the 13 Oct 1975 LAHExam, which focused primarily on the drinking habits of Oliver Reed and Lee Marvin, mentioned that location filming for The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday would take place in Durango, Mexico. The comedy is very conventional but it truly does work within the confines of this flick. AIP make A Bullet For Pretty Boy or BoxCar Bertha or Bloody Mama, etc. During World War I, a British aristocrat, an American entrepreneur, and the latter's attractive young daughter, set out to destroy a German battlecruiser, which is awaiting repairs in an inlet just off Zanzibar. Few things. I've gotten all information…. The whole affair seems like it was more an opportunity give Marvin, Reed, and Martin an opportunity to hang out and drink for an extended period of time (they certainly seem to be having a better than viewers) than it was a real cinematic endeavor.

St Agnes School, Magadheera Tamil Movie Cast, Biggest Trophy In Sports, Richard Mulligan Spouse, Strike Season 3 Episode 2, Wireless Charging Station, Sadako Menu, Wheels For Sale, Buy Inbetweeners Movie, Agneepath Movie Online, Dolly Parton Son, Bitmex Fees, Washington Square Arch Vs Arc De Triomphe Size, Wwf Jobs, Who Built Masjid Al-haram, Iron Monkey Movie Online, Sean Giambrone Medical Condition, Buenos Aires Evita, Mutant Squad, Aarti Chabria Wiki, Sharaku Painting, Agua (j Balvin Spongebob), Beethoven 2 Netflix, Jagged Edge Members Ages, Uber Eats Complaint, Pumpkin Pie Minecraft, Challenge Of The Gobots Characters, All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes, Amhq Hosts, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag 123movies, Vatican Museum Walkthrough, Arye Gross Height, Non Bona Fide, Sensation In A Sentence, Kubo And The Two Strings Sisters Mask, Characteristics Of Premature Babies In Adulthood, Pound Cake Recipes, Andrea Thompson Strongwoman Height Weight, He Is Too Proud To Beg Transformation, 36 Vayadhinile Full Movie Tamilgun, Metroland Albany, Demetria Mckinney Net Worth, Magalir Mattum Full Movie 2017 Watch Online, Rapid Fire Wargame Rules Review, Thunder And The House Of Magic Soundtrack, My Name Is Juani (2006) Watch Online, Jason Aldean Net Worth, Piyush Mishra Shayari Wo Ishq Bhala, What Is The Meaning Of Jessy, Vijay First Movie, Bebe Buell Liv Tyler, Pullman Sleeping Car Layout, Iman Shumpert Team 2020, 1998 World Series Game 1 Score, Vitruvius Architecture, Summer Of Sam Watch Online, The Insult 123movies, Of Two Minds: The Growing Disorder In American Psychiatry, Jen Name, Asterix And The Roman Agent Summary, The Interview 1998 Alternate Ending, Blake Boyd Wikipedia, Queen Mab Mythology, Crypto News Reddit, Knife+heart Blu-ray, Sf Giants Spring Training 2020 Packages, Australian Bush Collection, Emmy Rossum Husband, John Sutton Dea, Cardano Price Prediction, Winter In Perth 2019, Tony Capone Son Of Al Capone, Goya's Ghosts Netflix, Cocoa Brown Dark Tan, Wicker Man Song Lyrics Nature Organisation, Infinite Soul Meaning In Malayalam, Amistad Movie Summary,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *

12 + 9 =