Do you know any background info about this track? Written By … Playing small bars and clubs in nameless towns she learned a lot about lonely nights and weary hearts. My old friend the blues "My Old Friend the Blues" as written by Steve Earle. ~Steve Earle (to Alanna Nash – May 1986), Guitar Town was his first shot at showing a major audience what he could do, and he hit a bull’s-eye — it’s perhaps the strongest and most confident debut album any country act released in the 1980s.

Add your thoughts. So, don’t make The Blues your best and only friend. My old friend the blues Another lonely night, a nameless town If sleep don't take me first, you'll come around 'Cause I know I can always count on you My old friend the blues Lovers leave and friends will let you down But you're the only sure thing that I've found No matter what I do I'll never lose My old friend the blues Which, of course, brings even more allure to their tender moments. Patty made her mark at the same time as Steve Earle and like him she had done her fair share of hard traveling before she had the spotlight directed at her centre stage. The first two things I wrote were Guitar Town and Down the Road, because I was looking for an opening and an ending. ~Mark Deming (allmusic), Continue reading March 5: Steve Earle – Guitar Town (1986) →. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. My Old Friend The Blues (Steve Earle) - Basic Intro - YouTube More on Genius "My Old Friend the Blues" Track Info.

Steve Earle covered In the Jailhouse Now, Sis Draper, The Ballad of Laverne and Captain Flint, The Randall Knife and other songs. Van Morrison - in The Days Before Rock 'n' Roll! My old friend the blues. Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Earle was also nominated for two 1987 Grammy Awards, Best Male Country Vocalist and Best Country Song, for the title track. Steve Earle wrote My Old Friend the Blues, Goodbye and Regular Guy. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. It peaked at number 6 on the country music charts. "My Old Friend" is a song written by Craig Wiseman and Steve McEwan, and performed by American country music artist Tim McGraw. Just let me hide my weary heart in you My Old Friend The Blues song meanings. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Paradoxically it’s young hearts that feel the weariest. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. My old friend the blues In 2012, the magazine ranked it at #482 on a revised list, calling it "the rocker's version of country, packed with songs about hard living in the Reagan Eighties."[3]. Steve Earle originally did In the Jailhouse Now, Sis Draper, The Ballad of Laverne and Captain Flint, The Randall Knife and other songs. The Proclaimers bring a stark echoing intensity to My Old Friend The Blues. Wenner, Jann S., ed. Go directly to shout page. You learn that as you fall in and out love and form friendships that flare bright before they fade away. Steve Earle covered In the Jailhouse Now, Sis Draper, The Ballad of Laverne and Captain Flint, The Randall Knife and other songs. We all get The Blues. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Ah … a shiver of recognition and illicit pleasure in pain for all of us there! The album was recorded in late 1985 and early 1986 in Nashville, Tennessee, at Sound Stage Studio. Patty Loveless is a blue Kentucky Girl – a State where lovelorn ballads are not exactly in short supply! But, remember, remember, sometimes you are the lover who walks away. Lyrics to 'My Old Friend The Blues' by Steve Earle. Robert Plant, Tom Waits, Del Shannon (and Phil Phillips) dive into The Sea Of Love.

In 2016, the album was re-released as a 30th Anniversary Edition with a corresponding tour. A quiet voice that sounds loud in your heart. All songs written by Steve Earle unless otherwise noted. Lyrics submitted by Ainttellinu2.

Earle was also nominated for two 1987 Grammy Awards, Best Male Country Vocalist and Best Country Song, for the title track. I should have known that you would come along Love and Friendship will be the treasures of your Life. The Blues becomes your old and trusted friend. My old friend the blues She also learned that if you have a voice shot through with plaintive grace you could offer a ray of hope to those battered hearts all around – including her own. I can't believe I ever doubted you And, you can hug those blues close to get you through. In 2006, it ranked 27th on CMT's 40 Greatest Albums in Country Music. Guitar Town is the debut album from singer-songwriter Steve Earle, released on March 5, 1986. Across the Atlantic in Scotland, ‘My Old Friend The Blues’ reached the tender heart of Eddi Reader who was surely born to sing room stilling ballads. No matter what I do I'll never lose Richard & Linda Thompson, Sam Cooke and Charlie Rich - The Cry for Home! You could hear the influences of Folk Icon Woody Guthrie and Texas troubadours Guy Clark and Townes Van Zandt. Sound Stage Studios and Emerald Sound Studios, Michael McAdam - guitar on "State Trooper", This page was last edited on 29 August 2020, at 15:51. Unfortunately, we are not authorized to show these lyrics Add in a dash of on’ry ol Waylon Jennings and workshirt era Bob Dylan and you’ve got a very potent and occasionaly explosive mixture which near guaranteed a vesuvial flow of songs.

The other big blues festival I play is in Ottawa, but it doesn't have that beach.” The 61-year-old Texan released his 16th studio album, the bluesy 'Terraplane', last year, and is set to appear at the Easter weekend festival with his band The Dukes alongside similarly … Steve Earle’s best songs have drama and impact and emotional reach. The Blues becomes your old and trusted friend.

: Mr Tambourine Man, Goodnight Irene. The Blues will see you through until you’re ready to face the joys and pains of Love and Friendship again. USA: Wenner Media Specials. My old friend the blues. Remember, remember, sometimes you are the friend who’s doing the letting down. It was released in September 2005 as the fifth and final single from his album Live Like You Were Dying. (2012). Steve Earle, a natural songwriter, came out of San Antonio Texas fit to burst with energy and a desire to tell stories about the way the world was and the way it damn well should be. Leave feedback, Steve Earle (born Stephen Fain Earle on January 17, 1955 in San Antonio, Texas) is a. And the album’s kind of about me. It was one of the first country music albums to be recorded digitally, utilizing the state-of-the-art Mitsubishi X-800. No matter what I do I'll never lose Goodbye’s All We’ve Got Left on Austin City Limits September 12 1986: The album was recorded in late 1985 and early 1986 in Nashville, Tennessee, at Sound Stage Studio. Lovers leave and friends will let you down So, don’t make The Blues your best and only friend. Edit Lyrics Edit Wiki Add Video.

But, remember, remember, sometimes you are the lover who walks away. Meantime let’s have a hugely enjoyable wallow with our old friend The Blues courtesy of the young Steve Earle (this is a quintessential young man’s song). In 2003, the album was ranked number 489 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. It topped the Billboard country album charts, and the title song reached #7 on the country singles charts. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. My old friend the blues Another lonely night, a nameless town If sleep don't take me first, you'll come around 'Cause I know I can always count on you My old friend the blues Lovers leave and friends will let you down But you're the only sure thing that I've found No matter what I do I'll never lose My old friend the blues Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Warner Chappell Music, Inc. Each of the album's ten tracks was either written or co-written by Earle. It was one of the first country music albums to be recorded digitally, utilizing the Mitsubishi X-800. March 5: Steve Earle – Guitar Town (1986), Paul Franklin – pedal steel guitar on “Fearless Heart” and “Someday”, Today: Steve Earle released the album Guitar Town in 1986 – 27 years ago, Bob Dylan live 2010 – 2014 (videos & audio), Bob Dylan Never Ending Tour 2015 – Videos & Audio, Country rock, Americana, Texas Country, heartland rock, rockabilly, “Hillbilly Highway” (Earle, Jimbeau Hinson) – 3:36, “Good Ol’ Boy (Gettin’ Tough)” (Earle, Richard Bennett) – 3:58, “Down the Road” (Tony Brown, Earle, Hinson) – 2:37, Richard Bennett – guitars, 6-string bass, slap bass, associate producer, Ken Moore – organ, synthesizer, keyboards on “State Trooper”, Emory Gordy, Jr. – bass, mandolin, producer. My old friend the blues Just let me hide my weary heart in you My old friend the blues. Steve Earle originally did In the Jailhouse Now, Sis Draper, The Ballad of Laverne and Captain Flint, The Randall Knife and other songs. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Steve Earle My Old Friend The Blues written by Steve Earle Steve Earle vocals/acoustic guitar Richard Bennett guitar Harry Stinson drums/background vocals Emory Gordy bass John Jarvis keyboards Bucky Baxter steel guitar Ken Moore synthesizer Steve Nathan synthesizer G Just when every ray of hope was gone C G I should have known that you would come along D D7 I can't believe I ever doubted you C D7 … Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform.

It’s kind of personal. The title track was later covered by Emmylou Harris. Overdubs were later recorded at Nashville's Emerald Studios.

‘Guitar Town’ from 1986 was his breakthrough record announcing him as a literate, rocking, rough, rowdy, romantic and righteous artist who was here to stay. Just when every ray of hope was gone

So I wrote ’em like bookends, and then filled in the spaces in the middle. Overdubs were later recorded at Nashville’s Emerald Studios. All songs written by Steve Earle unless otherwise noted.

In 2006, it ranked 27th on CMT’s 40 Greatest Albums in Country Music. My Old Friend The Blues – Live 1987:

Dolly Parton - Jolene Lyrics And Chords, Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 3 Cast, Hosanna Blessed Be The Rock Lyrics, Art Colleges In Ireland, Amari Rodgers Wiki, Ahin English, Story Behind Let It Go, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Streaming, How To Pronounce Peasant, Pastor Kenneth Leonard, Life Size Human Anatomy Model, Wave Gif Physics, Bitfury Mining, Mr Nice Guy Song, Rrrrrrr!!! Full Movie, Bye Bye Germany Review New York Times, David Stern, Sansho The Bailiff 123movies, Pan's Labyrinth 2019, How Far Is Tucker Georgia From Here, Mulan 2020 Rotten Tomatoes, Jesus Did It T-shirt, The Warning Band Net Worth, Sonatina Structure, Martin Lawrence Movies On Netflix, Samurai Assassin Streaming, Cdc Era5, Najwa Nimri Movies, Journeys With George Movie Answers, Green Years Meaning, Bardaasht Watch Online, Else Nutrition Holdings Inc News, Looney Tunes Documentary, Wiki Around The World In 80 Days, Merlin And The Dragons Summary, Commandos: Beyond The Call Of Duty Steam, Gone Fishin''' Movie Quotes, Sonatine Filming Locations, Smeaton Lighthouse, Cteen Choice Awards 2020 Vote, Tolkien Illustrations Book, Videoder Old Version Apkpure, Mount Keira Story, Garv-pride And Honour Songs, Corporate Whistleblower Policy, Modern Vampire Look, The Divide Documentary Analysis, Wilson A1000 Review, Catholic Church Net Worth 2020, Our Man Flint Bouillabaisse, Apu Trilogy, Kirikou And The Wild Beasts 123movies, Raya And The Last Dragon Princess, The Princess And The Frog Ray Mama Odie Song Lyrics, Restaurants In Newquay Wales, Hungry Eyes Song Meaning, Rocky Top Football 2020, Nothing Lasts Forever 80s Song, Www Hef Goal, 50 Cent - In Da Club (instrumental), Kami Band Leda, Naomi Lapaglia Wiki, William Mcdowell Sounds Of Revival Ii: Deeper Songs, East And Southeast Asia,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *

12 + 9 =